Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kids Club




We got to be with the kids one more time before we left Brazil. This time they showed/taught us a game. One person is the cat and one is the mouse and the cat tries to tag the mouse...it was very funny to watch them play.
At the end of the club time the kids are allowed to pick fruit from the grounds - this little boy got a few mangos to carry home.
There were so many good things being with the kids....the trying to speak to each other with such limited language - and just laughing and laughing at each other. (I corrected myself very quickly after I told a little boy that his picture he colored was 'bad pretty' instead of 'very pretty'). Watching their expressions when I tell them how old I am by having to show my hands 3xs to represent my 30's (ouch, why does everyone keep asking my age anyway?)
But the hugs and smiles that are so freely given to us, is overwhelming. At the end, Debbie told them all to hug us goodbye....well, I was taken off guard and was lovingly 'attacked' by the children...it was priceless.

No comments: