Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Brrr...chilly

Here's a little fact about Portugal that I wish I knew before I got here. Homes and apartments don't have heat here - nor do resturants, etc. Modern, modern, modern homes may have central heat, but not always. I daily wear 3 long sleeved shirts and a sweater. And under my jeans, I sometimes even wear my PJ bottoms. I say this not to complain, but for you to get an idea of what Nancy faces - and it's not even winter yet! I don't care how good a spacer heater is, it doesn't warm up an apartment.

oh and the 3 shirt thing - you all know how limited i was in my packing - that's right, it's pretty much all my clothes all at one time...i just switch the top layer to look fresh. so far, so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they do not have heat in their homes. I guess it cuts back on costs, but seriously, weird. lol. Just wait, for in less than 3 weeks you'll probably be warmer than you want!
L.P.